We have compiled a list of art auctions in the region and some influential international auction houses that have significant roles in promoting arts across the globe. Online Art Auctions have also been included as they have gained popularity over the years.
- The Edge Auction focuses on Malaysian works that include significant and major paintings by top names in the local art scene. Comprehensive information, including auction items, pricing, process, results and term, is available in the link below
- KL Lifestyle Art Auction has held over 30 auctions, with a focus on Malaysian art. Details of current and past auctions are available in the link below:
- Henry Butcher Art Auctioneers was formed in 2008, expanding its portfolio of auction categories from real estate and plant & machinery, to include art. The auctioneer focuses on Malaysian and South East Asian art. Details of HBAA auctions are available in the link below:
- Larasati is based out of Jakarta, whilst hosting auctions in Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong and London. Larasati’s boutique collection platforms fine works by master artists from Southeast Asia and other important art hubs in Asia. More than just merely a matter of buying and selling art objects, One East Larasati is driven to enhance the appreciation and development of art in Asia.
- 33 Auction held her first auction in May 2009 in Singapore. Annually, 33 Auction holds 3 main auctions each in Singapore and Jakarta and holds numerous online and seasonal auctions. 33 Auction specialises in auctioning Modern and Contemporary Asian Art
- Sotheby’s o has been uniting collectors with world-class works of art since 1744. Sotheby’s became the first international auction house in 1955, and arrived to Asian shores in 1973, hosting its first Asian auction in Hong Kong. In addition to art auctions, Sotheby’s also runs various professional services ranging from tax and heritage advisory, art consultancy and education, amongst many other services. Find out more:
- Christie’s offers around 350 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Christie’s has a global presence in 46 countries, with 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. More recently, Christie’s has led the market with expanded initiatives in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the United Arab Emirates, with successful sales and exhibitions in Beijing, Mumbai and Dubai. Find out more:
- Artnet auctions features 24/7 online auctions and immediate purchases of Modern and Contemporary paintings, prints, photographs, and more. All artworks offered on the site have been evaluated by artnet’s experienced specialists.